Bicknor church originates from the twelfth century, and was restored 1859-61 by Bodley. It is Grade II* listed. (Listing NGR: TQ8647859317.) It is unusual in that it is built of chalk, with flint external facings. There is no electricity at Bicknor church – lighting is by candles and oil lamps, which creates a wonderful atmosphere for the evening services.
In August 2013 Bicknor church was re-designated as a Chapel of Ease within the Parish of Bredgar with Bicknor.
In practical terms, this makes no difference to the services that are held at Bicknor, and it is still possible for weddings to be conducted here.
To support the Parish of Bredgar with Bicknor financially, please use this link Bredgar with Bicknor – Give a Little