Up until 1843, there were at least five bells at Tunstall, with one of these recorded as having been cast in 1573.
In 1843, the ring of five was re-cast to form a ring of six. These lasted until 1923, when two new bells were added to form a ring of eight.
In 1975, they were re-tuned, and then in 1995 re-cast with some additional metal by John Taylor & Co. of Loughborough to form the current ring of eight bells.
Details of these bells are:-
Treble 4cwt 0qtrs 0lbs 25″ diameter
2 4cwt 0qtrs 2lbs 25 1/2″ diameter
3 4cwt 1qtr 0lbs 26 1/2″ diameter
4 4cwt 1qtr 20lbs 28″ diameter
5 5cwt 0qtrs 20lbs 30″ diameter
6 6cwt 0qtrs 10lbs 31 1/2″ diameter
7 7cwt 1qtr 6lbs 34″ diameter
8 10cwt 1qtr 8lbs 38 1/2″ diameter
Inscriptions are as follows:-